FNS40615 Certificate IV in Accounting
CRICOS Code: 089234B
There is no direct link between this qualification and licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements. However, where required, a unit of competency will specify relevant licensing, legislative and/or regulatory requirements that impact on the unit. Persons providing a business activity statement (BAS) service must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board and this qualification is currently cited as meeting the educational requirements for registration. Other conditions apply including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check current registration requirements with the Board as this is reviewed regularly.
- Students must be 18 years of age or over.
- Students are required to successfully complete the Language Literacy and Numeracy test and achieve Level 3 in the Australian Core Skills Framework across reading, writing, learning, oral communication and numeracy skill. Prospective International students who provide an IELTS of 5.5 or its equivalent will be deemed as meeting the English language entry requirements.
- Satisfactorily complete a pre-training review interview to determine student’s suitability for the chosen course.
- Students are required to have access to a computer and internet in order to complete assessments and read information on the units of competency.
- A flexible blended environment applies to the majority of the target group being a combination of self-paced/tutorial/classroom workshops and workplace practical sessions.
- The course will be delivered and assessed over 45 weeks at AIVTE.
- The course offers rolling starts to suit the availability of your learning schedule. Student orientation is held every Monday.
- FNS50215 Diploma of Accounting
- FNS60215 Advanced Diploma of Accounting
- Accountant (General)
- Accounts clerk/Bookkeeper
- Taxation Accountant
10 core units
3 elective units
BSBFIA401 Prepare financial reports
BSBITU306 Design and produce business documents
FNSACC301 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
FNSACC302 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
FNSACC402 Prepare operational budgets
FNSACC404 Prepare financial statements for non-reporting entities
FNSACC406 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
FNSBKG404* Carry out business activity and instalment activity statement tasks*
FNSBKG405* Establish and maintain a payroll system*
FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
FNSACC401 Process business tax requirements
BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others
FNSACC405 Maintain inventory records
- Written activities
- Case studies
- Role plays / observations
Download Course Guide (PDF)